The Nacel Open Door Blog is a place to share stories, advice, recipes and more with everyone in the NOD family, and our students have some of the best perspectives on these aspects of the NOD experience.
A blog is like a journal that you can share with others on the internet. Students can share information as well as how they feel about something. A blog post is like a story. Students should write about their American experiences from their own point of view, as if they were telling the story in person.
- Certificate upon completion of the internship
- Letter of recommendation from the appropriate NOD staff member
- An impressive addition to college applications and resumes
- Practice using the English language
- Writing practice (which will come in handy when applying for college!)
- The internship must last at least one semester in duration, fall or spring
- The Student Blogger must submit at least one blog post per month
- Each blog post must be a minimum of 250 words and must include at least one photo
- Blog posts can be about anything related to a student’s time in the U.S., i.e. experiences with the Host Family, American holidays, college application process, etc.
- All posts are subject to editing/revision by Nacel Open Door staff