Sweden is known to have long, cold winters, which we can relate to here in the Midwest. A great way to warm up in the winter months is with today’s recipe from Sweden (via a World Recipes website).
1/2 cup of fine dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup of light cream
1/2 cup of water
7 oz. ground beef
7 oz. ground lean pork
1-1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice
2 tablespoons of grated yellow onion (and/or 2 crushed garlic cloves)
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons of margarine or butter
1. Mix the bread crumbs, cream and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Mix the beef, pork, salt, allspice and onion.
3. Gradually add the bread crumbs, then the egg. Blend well.
4. Shape into balls.
5. Heat part of the margarine or butter in a skillet.
6. Add 10 to 15 meatballs, and fry over moderate heat until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and keep hot while frying the remaining meatballs.
8. Serve. (The website this recipe came from suggests serving with boiled potatoes, lingonberry preserve and a tossed salad.)